Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Conspiracy Theory?

As far as Claudius is concerned, Hamlet is catching onto something. He's a little too antsy about Hamlet's madness and doesn't accept an answer so simple a Gertrude's "It's just his father's death and our over hasty marriage." If I was a usurper hiding a murder I committed, I would be very very paranoid about anyone catching any sort of remote idea that I killed someone. Therefore, If I saw the son of that person going mad I would naturally be just a little concerned. Claudius is acting just like a kid who knows he's done something wrong and tries to hide it, but is so bouncy and obvious about it's easy to see they are hiding something. The fact that he's so occupied with Hamlet's madness shows he's worried about it, and I don't think it's because he's genuinely concerned for his nephew. So yes, Claudius is starting to think Hamlet is figuring it out.

~Scribbles

No comments: